Students from Morehouse College, Spelman College, Clark Atlanta University, Xavier University, Tuskegee University, and Alabama State University are invited to participate in the Amazon Advertising HBCU Sales Competition. The competition will kick off round one virtually October 3rd until October 28th. The in-person competition will occur November 17th - November 18th.
Students from all majors and all classes are invited to apply to this competition for a chance to develop your data, sales, and entrepreneurship skills and to win up to $3,500.
Round 1: Virtual Round:
- Who: All students of all majors
- Submissions Dates: October 3rd - October 28th
- Prompt: Please submit a 1-4 minute video selling us why Wear Brims sell their products on Amazon.
- Advancing: the top three students and one faculty member from each school will be invited to round two. All students will be notified on the results on November 4th.
We will host a travel accommodation session for traveling schools once winners are finalized.
We will be hosting office hours to answer any questions or concerns prior to submission closing. Days and times are to be determined. We will provide updates via this website, professor communication, and in-class visits.
Round 2: In-Person Round at Morehouse College:
- Who: Top three students from each school
- Dates: November 17th. Traveling schools will arrive November 16th.
- Prompt: Now that Wear Brims sells their products on Amazon, educate the brand owners as to why/how they should leverage Sponsored Ads (specifically the Sponsored Brands and Sponsored Brands + Video ad solutions) to be successful on Amazon.
- Advancing: the top six students will be invited to participate in round three - the final round. All students will be notified that evening.
Round 3: In-Person Final Round at Morehouse College:
- Who: Top six students from round 2.
- Dates: November 18th
- Prompt: Wear Brims has agreed to sell their products on Amazon AND adopt Sponsored Brands and Sponsored Brands + Video. Up-sell the client on using an additional Sponsored Ads solution - Sponsored Display Remarketing. Highlight on the ad product complements a complete advertising strategy for the success of the business on Amazon.
- Advancing: the top three students will place and receive monetary prizes.